Lead Electrical Engineer
At Coco, our mission is to transform cities by removing cars, powering a more local economy, and delighting customers with an accessible daily convenience.
Coco is a venture-backed, Series A stage startup that operates hundreds of sidewalk robots, delivering to thousands of customers every week across Los Angeles. The environment here is high-energy, collaborative, and exciting. Our HQ is located in Playa Vista, Los Angeles.
About the Role
As a member of the Coco vehicle engineering team, you will lead and contribute to developing, evaluating, designing, and validating the system hardware and electronic subsystems of Coco’s delivery robots. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team to drive HW implementation decisions, feasibility studies, component selection, and will own the PCB design and integration of electronic subsystems across several technologies (SOC subsystem, WWAN/WLAN/GPS, Sensors, Cameras, displays, MCUs, Power Management, Motor Control, etc.).
You will support system bring-ups, and the debugging and resolution of any related issues that may arise. You will be involved in projects from concept through production, gaining exposure to the complete product design lifecycle.
Note: This is an in-office role. Coco is an office-first, highly collaborative and cross-functional company. We are looking for someone who is excited about the energy, collaboration, and culture-building opportunities of an in-office work environment.
- Lead the HW/PCB design of electronic subsystems within Coco’s delivery vehicles
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Mechanical, Software, System, and Safety teams to understand, define, and drive system-level requirements and tradeoffs
- Contribute significantly to the HW architecture decision making process, including: component and interface selections, performance analysis and trade-offs, feasibility studies
- Develop new sub-assemblies, including schematic capture and physical layout
- Lead benchtop and vehicle-level PCB/Electronics/Hardware bring-up & verification
- Work with Quality, Test, Manufacturing, and Operations teams on factory, functional, and reliability test needs and plans
- Assess, root-cause, and resolve relevant HW/Electrical issues encountered by the operating fleet
- BSEE or similar degree, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Hands-on experience with HW system development, including PCB design, prototype bring-up, debugging and functional verification
- MS EE or equivalent degree
- Experience with development of robotics or automotive products
- Experience with one or more of: propulsion motor control, power electronics, image sensors, system-on-chip integration
Coco provides salary + equity compensation packages. The salary range for this role is $148,000-$201,000. We also offer competitive healthcare benefits and a 401k program.
Coco is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation