Fleet Quality Engineer
At Coco, our mission is to transform cities by removing cars, powering a more local economy, and delighting customers with an accessible daily convenience.
Coco is a venture-backed, Series A stage startup that operates hundreds of sidewalk robots, delivering to thousands of customers every week across Los Angeles. The environment here is high-energy, collaborative, and exciting. Our HQ is located in Playa Vista, Los Angeles.
About the Role
As a Fleet Quality Engineer at Coco, you will be responsible for monitoring our end-to-end delivery network for points of failure. You will use a variety of tools to analyze field data including system logs, databases, and customer communications to track, analyze and root-cause incidents. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team to drive hardware and software corrective actions and monitor the results to ensure that the fixes that we deploy are having a positive impact.
Note: This is an in-office role. Coco is an office-first, highly collaborative and cross-functional company. We are looking for someone who is excited about the energy, collaboration, and culture-building opportunities of an in-office work environment.
- Define key performance indicators for Coco delivery quality; develop reports and dashboards that quantitatively measure these performance indicators
- Monitor field data, including reports from pilots, field operations and customer support; system logging data; and dashboards, to identify failure trends
- Use data analysis tools like Python, SQL, OpenSearch and Grafana to process and visualize data
- Design test plans to isolate and instrument individual failures to determine the root cause
- Work closely with engineering to develop test fixtures/assemblies to increase robot reliability
- Provide detailed feedback to hardware and software engineers on failure modes so that they can develop fixes
- Collate and present data on key issues and trends to stakeholders and company management in a clear, organized fashion
- In collaboration with robot technicians and engineers, develop and document standard operating procedures for robot repairs, upgrades, commissioning and calibration.
- Failure analysis of HW and SW systems down to the root level
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, robotics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Python and SQL
- Hands-on experience with robotics hardware and/or software
- Experience with data analysis using tools such as Sigma
- Experience with embedded Linux systems
- Experience with quality assurance on cloud software deployments
- Experience with using JIRA and Confluence for collaboration and documentation
- Experience with test automation & creating test setups
Coco provides salary + equity compensation packages. The salary range for this role is $70,000 - $100,000. We also offer competitive healthcare benefits and a 401k program.
Coco is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation