Senior Software Engineer, Maps
At Coco, our mission is to transform cities by removing cars, powering a more local economy, and delighting customers with an accessible daily convenience.
Coco is a venture-backed, Series A stage startup that operates hundreds of sidewalk robots, delivering to thousands of customers every week across Los Angeles. The environment here is high-energy, collaborative, and exciting. Our HQ is located in Playa Vista, Los Angeles.
As the Lead Mapping and Routing Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the design and development of Coco’s proprietary map database, map maintenance and QA tools, and routing service. Together, these products are the backbone of Coco’s safe and efficient sidewalk delivery operations.
- Lead all aspects of mapping, routing and navigation for Coco robots
- Design and develop cloud-based map management and routing tools
- Work closely with vehicle and operations teams to identify mapping and routing requirements and tradeoffs, and develop optimized processes for map ingestion, maintenance and quality assurance
- Work closely with backend and infrastructure teams to deploy and optimize routing algorithms
- 3+ years of experience working on mapping and/or navigation in production environments
- Experience with geospatial data and databases
- Deep understanding of digital map data schemas and algorithms
- Production experience with one or more modern, high-performance programming languages, such as C++, Go, or Rust
- Experience working with OpenStreetMaps and PostGIS
Coco provides salary + equity compensation packages. The salary range for this role is $140,000-$205,000. We also offer competitive healthcare benefits and a 401k program.
Coco is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation