Head of Pilot Operations
At Coco, our mission is to transform cities by removing cars, powering a more local economy, and delighting customers with an accessible daily convenience.
Coco is a venture-backed, Series A stage startup that operates hundreds of sidewalk robots, delivering to thousands of customers every week across Los Angeles. The environment here is high-energy, collaborative, and exciting. Our HQ is located in Playa Vista, Los Angeles.
As Head of Pilot Operations, you will be responsible for managing the Pilot Operations team and scaling our remote Pilot network to support our growth plans. We at Coco believe that in order to enable our robotic delivery operation at scale, we will continue to have humans monitor and operate robots for the foreseeable future. You will be responsible for scaling this team and building training infrastructure to train the Pilots as their roles change with the introduction of additional autonomous driving features.
In this role, you will be responsible for forecasting team growth to align with Coco’s expanding footprint, work with Engineering to build tools to continuously improve Pilot performance and optimize Pilot utilization to improve delivery cost.
The Head of Pilot Operations will be a critical member of the Delivery Operations leadership team at Coco. You will be expected to have a detailed understanding of your team’s contribution to the business, critical short and medium term deliverables and you will work cross-functionally to meet those deliverables.
- Manage and scale Pilot Operations team to support Coco’s growth plans
- Optimize Pilot Operations cost by improving Pilot Utilization
- Develop deep understanding of Coco’s business to build strategy and inform daily decision making for your area of responsibility
- Draft, share and execute on Pilot Operations growth and efficiency improvement plans
- Work with our Engineering teams to build tools to improve Pilot Experience and enhance piloting safety
- Help build a performance driven culture and support your team’s growth aspirations
- Mentor, train, and develop your team for career progression, performance improvement, and providing them a productive team environment
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Business or any other field that uses quantitative analysis, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years experience in Operations with at least 3 years in leadership roles
- Global team management experience - leading/coaching/guiding team members and managing priorities
- Experience in building tools and/or setting up processes/procedures from scratch
- Vendor Management experience
- Quick learner and ability to pick up technical skills quickly
- Experience in a Start-up environment is a plus
Coco is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation