Senior Product Manager (Head of Product)
At Coco, we’re dedicated to perfecting the last-mile delivery experience through robotics. We believe the delivery service industry in its current state is massively under-serving merchants, and we are committed to creating a sustainable, reliable, and frictionless delivery experience for merchants and their customers.
Coco is a venture-backed, Series A stage startup that operates hundreds of sidewalk robots, delivering to thousands of customers every week across Los Angeles. The environment here is high-energy, collaborative, and exciting. Our HQ is located in the heart of Santa Monica with views of the ocean.
- Accountable for strategy, roadmap, and execution across user-facing Delivery Platform product suite made up of:
- Pilot Product: Our Cocos are remotely operated by a global team of 'pilots.' Our team owns the product suite that makes driving safe, intuitive, and efficient.
- Consumer and Merchant Products: We build products to create a frictionless, efficient, and delightful end-to-end delivery experience for our users - merchants and their customers. We design each robot interaction - loading the robot, tracking the delivery, unlocking the robot, etc. around user pain points and moments of delight.
- Logistics Products: Delivery is an expensive problem. We partner with other Coco teams (e.g., Merchant Operations, Consumer Experience, Field Operations, TeleOperations, and Autonomy), acting as a thought partner to tackle some of Coco’s most pressing efficiency and profitability initiatives.
- Develop clear vision and strategy for Delivery Platform, aligned with Coco’s overall goals and objectives
- Develop, prioritize, socialize, and manage team to Delivery Platform roadmap, organized in 2-week sprints
- Identify and prioritize product features, enhancements, and new initiatives based on customer feedback, operational needs, and Coco goals
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including hardware, design, operations, and marketing, to deliver high-quality products on time
- Define product requirements, user stories, timelines, and success criteria, ensuring a clear and comprehensive understanding for all stakeholders
- Work closely with software engineers to translate product requirements into technical specifications and ensure effective implementation
- Conduct user testing, gather feedback, and iterate on product features to optimize user experience and drive customer satisfaction
- Monitor product performance, track key metrics, and utilize data-driven insights to identify areas for improvement and inform decision-making
- Act as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders regarding the Delivery Platform products
- Foster a collaborative, efficient, and motivating work environment, focused on rapid learning, sticking to timelines, and ruthless prioritization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field. A master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Product Manager or similar role, preferably in hardware, logistics, food delivery, autonomous vehicles, or relevant related fields
- Strong technical background, preferably with previous experience as a software engineer
- Excellent understanding of product development methodologies and best practices
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear and concise requirements
- Demonstrated success in delivering high-quality products quickly with low budget
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a data-driven mindset
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Proactive and self-driven, with the ability to prioritize and manage many projects simultaneously
Note: This is an in-office role. Coco is an office-first, highly collaborative and cross-functional company. We are looking for someone who is excited about the energy, collaboration, and culture-building opportunities of an in-office work environment.
Coco provides salary + equity compensation packages. The salary range for this role is $150,000-$180,000. We also offer competitive healthcare benefits and a 401k program.
Coco is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation