Lead Mechanical Engineer
At Coco, we’re dedicated to perfecting the last-mile delivery experience through robotics. We believe the delivery service industry in its current state is massively under-serving merchants, and we are committed to creating a sustainable, reliable, and frictionless delivery experience for merchants and their customers.
Coco is a venture-backed, Series A stage startup that operates hundreds of sidewalk robots, delivering to thousands of customers every week across Los Angeles. The environment here is high-energy, collaborative, and exciting. Our HQ is located in the heart of Santa Monica with views of the ocean.
About the Role
As a member of the vehicle engineering team, you will lead the development and validation of the mechanical and electromechanical components of Coco’s delivery robots. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team to drive implementation decisions, feasibility studies, materials and component selection, and manufacturing strategy.
You will support system bring-ups, and the debugging and resolution of any related issues that may arise. You will be involved in projects from concept through production, gaining exposure to the complete product design lifecycle.
Note: This is an in-office role. Coco is an office-first, highly collaborative and cross-functional company. We are looking for someone who is excited about the energy, collaboration, and culture-building opportunities of an in-office work environment.
- Lead the mechanical design of Coco’s delivery vehicles
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Electrical, Software, System, and Safety teams to understand, define, and drive system-level requirements and tradeoffs
- Contribute significantly to the HW architecture decision making process, including: component and interface selections, performance analysis and trade-offs, feasibility studies
- Develop new sub-assemblies, including 3D and 2D CAD, tolerance analysis and design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Lead benchtop and vehicle-level prototype assembly and verification
- Work with Quality, Test, Manufacturing, and Operations teams on factory, functional, and reliability test needs and plans
- Assess, root-cause, and resolve relevant mechanical issues encountered by the operating fleet
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Hands-on experience with mechanical component development, including 2D and 3D CAD, tolerance analysis, and design for volume manufacturing
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with development of robotics or automotive products
- Familiarity with one or more of: suspension design, mechatronics, injection molding, additive manufacturing
Coco provides salary + equity compensation packages. The salary range for this role is $148,000-$201,000. We also offer competitive healthcare benefits and a 401k program.
Coco is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation