Senior Infrastructure Engineer
At Coco, our mission is to transform cities by removing cars, powering a more local economy, and delighting customers with an accessible daily convenience.
Coco is a venture-backed, Series A stage startup that operates hundreds of sidewalk robots, delivering to thousands of customers every week across Los Angeles. The environment here is high-energy, collaborative, and exciting. Our HQ is located in Playa Vista, Los Angeles.
As the first dedicated infrastructure engineer at Coco, you’ll make critical decisions that drive the engineering org forward, safely and reliably. You’ll architect and build intuitive and robust platform systems, sit in on design reviews to ensure projects are built with the right technologies, and advise the org on best practices. You’ll work across teams, ensuring that as Coco grows, engineers have the processes & software they need to build safely and efficiently.
Note: This is an in-office role. Coco is an office-first, highly collaborative and cross-functional company. We are looking for someone who is excited about the energy, collaboration, and culture-building opportunities of an in-office work environment.
AWS, Helm, Kubernetes, Docker, RabbitMQ, Redis, Postgres, NodeJS/Typescript, NextJS, React
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Professional experience with a typed language
- Significant professional experience with Kubernetes and Helm.
- Professional experience with message queue & pub/sub frameworks
- Experience building an observability stack
- Experience with CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience in architecting and implementing cloud services on a major cloud computing provider
- Strong networking fundamentals
- Experience managing databases in production
- Experience with building and maintaining standard client libraries for shared services (e.g. MQTT)
Coco provides salary + equity compensation packages. The salary range for this role is $130,000-$190,000. We also offer competitive healthcare benefits and a 401k program.
Coco is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation