Space Forge is a fast-growing in-space manufacturing company. We are developing the world’s first returnable and re-launchable satellite platform, the ForgeStar. Space Forge is transforming return from space to enable new techniques to produce products and services for the benefit of all.
The ForgeStar can support a wide array of missions, from in-space manufacturing of new materials and microgravity research, to planetary landing systems and deep space exploration.
We are now seeking a full time embedded software engineer to join our team. You will help design and build C/C++ software to run on a satellite in space.
What will you do?
- Software design
- Coding in embedded C and C++
- Documentation and testing
- Ability to take the software requirements for a complete subsystem (e.g. motor driver or communication system), and design and build software to meet those requirements
- Ability to understand electronics schematics, processor datasheets, peripheral datasheets, and peripheral interface (protocol) definition documents
- Ability to write great documentation covering the architecture, design, APIs, protocols, and implementation.
- Build unit tests, integration tests, subsystem tests, and full-system tests. This will include writing system and subsystem test scripts. It will also include writing and executing manual testing plans.