Space Systems Lead
Space Forge is transforming return from space to deliver revolutionary experiments and products, for the benefit of humanity.
We are developing an end-to-end service for a satellite that can be launched into orbit, manufacture new materials, return independently, then be recovered, refurbished and relaunched. We have a highly qualified core team who are developing the technologies and business simultaneously and we are in need of a Space systems team lead.
Ultimately we are looking for someone to lead the systems team we need to support our service, both on ground and in orbit, to achieve our goal of transforming return from space for the benefit of humanity.
The primary roles for this job are:
- Leading the Space Forge Systems team:
- Driving performance across our diverse engineering team
- Acting as a role model, showcasing exceptional leadership skills and behaviours that are aligned to our values and providing mentoring and coaching across the Systems team
- Coordinating with key stakeholders to ensure that resource allocations are correct, effective, and productive, with the right skills being utilised through well-defined tasks, with clear outcomes and acceptance criteria
- Collaborating with the Chief Engineer and Head of People on long-term resource planning (people, skills, facilities, tools etc.)
- Proactive and meaningful management of technical and non-technical risks affecting projects, initiatives, the team, and wider business, including escalation to the executive team as required.
- Ultimately being a Space Systems Engineer - responsible for developing one or more key systems inside our future satellites;