Engineering Project Coordinator (NL)
Signaloid provides a computing platform to quantify, transmit, and track data uncertainty dynamically and throughout computations in unmodified computing workloads. Our technologies are used in applications including materials modeling, autonomous systems, computational finance, machine learning, and noisy intermediate-scale quantum computing. Our team consists of contrarian engineers with combined research, engineering, and leadership experience from Apple, ARC, ARM, Bell Labs, CMU, University of Cambridge, EPFL, IBM Research, Max Planck, MIT, and NEC Labs. Find out more at https://signaloid.com and try out the Signaloid uncertainty-tracking computing platform by signing up for free at https://get.signaloid.io.
In this role, you will:
- Be in charge of coordinating the development and release activities of one or more teams
- Be responsible for helping engineering teams stay on track with their delivery of objectives and key results
- Be responsible for summarizing status and dependencies between deliverables
- Be responsible for proactively helping teams identify misalignments between their activities and company-wide objectives
After a year in this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with the leadership team in defining a delivery strategy and coordinating long-term engineering deliverables
- Lead new strategic initiatives for improving the operational efficiency within Signaloid
- Lead and mentor other engineering project coordinators across cross-functional role
- Undergraduate or masters degree in computer engineering, computer science, or a related discipline
- Previous experience coordinating engineering projects with a rigorous development cycle
- Previous experience with Git and GitHub and a deep knowledge of the project management tools provided by GitHub
- Willingness to explore new modes of working as well as the courage to suggest new ideas
- A willingness to listen to people until they feel understood
- Honesty, empathy, and a willingness to see the world from the viewpoint of others
Additional Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Clear and concise communication
- Detailed knowledge of Slack and setting up Slack integrations and automations
- Previous experience coordinating projects using a combination of Slack and GitHub
- Familiarity with tools such as Asana and Basecamp
- Prior experience coordinating projects in a fully-remote setting
- Demonstrable time management skills
Our Recruiting Procedure
- All positions require you to write a one-page cover letter. We use this to screen for communication skills, as clear communication is essential in a remote working environment.
- Applicants who pass the cover letter screening receive an initial 15-minute Zoom screening call with a member of our People Development Team to discuss your CV.
- Applicants who pass the screening interview, regardless of the position you are interviewing for, will be given a real-world project to solve over the course of one week (or two weeks if there are currently employed in a full-time job). In exchange for your time, we give you two books relevant to the rest of the interview process and £500 worth of free credits on the Signaloid Cloud Developer Platform.
- Applicants who successfully complete the project are invited for a set of 45-minute interviews with people from our core teams (there will be up to six such interviews) which will use the project you completed as a discussion point.
- In the final stage, applicants are invited for an on-site interview with members of the team in Cambridge.
A flexible remote-first work environment
- Be part of an international team with the flexibility to choose where you live
- You can work any set of eight hours in a day provided four of those hours overlap with the working day in Zurich
- Join the rest of the team every three months for an in-person session somewhere in Europe
- Yearly bonus based on company's Objectives and Key Results (OKR) performance and bi-yearly bonus based on your project team's OKR performance
- Simple transparent compensation across the company, with four pay levels, in all roles, based on skill level: Contributor, Senior Contributor, Lead Contributor, and Principal Contributor
- All full-time employees receive attractive stock options package
A driven but respectful environment
- Our motto is "We're all going to die": We never speak ill of others even if we differ in our viewpoints; we show up every day with a sense of urgency; we treat each other with respect as though each day were our last.
Something looks off?