Head of Developer Relations (NL)
Signaloid provides a computing platform to quantify, transmit, and track data uncertainty dynamically and throughout computations in unmodified computing workloads. Our technologies are used in applications including materials modeling, autonomous systems, computational finance, machine learning, and noisy intermediate-scale quantum computing. Our team consists of contrarian engineers with combined research, engineering, and leadership experience from Apple, ARC, ARM, Bell Labs, CMU, University of Cambridge, EPFL, IBM Research, Max Planck, MIT, and NEC Labs. Find out more at https://signaloid.com and try out the Signaloid uncertainty-tracking computing platform by signing up for free at https://get.signaloid.io.
In this role, you will:
- Lead development and deployment of developer programs
- Be in charge of an important initiative to grow the number of developers on Signaloid’s Cloud Developer Platform
- Be responsible for creating new developer incentive programs
- Be responsible for creating all outgoing developer communications, including a regular developer newsletter
- Be responsible for gathering and digesting developer feedback
- Be responsible for quality assurance of developer-facing documentation
After a year in this role, based on your demonstrated performance, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead the strategy and definition of new developer incentive programs
- Lead the expansion of a Developer Relations team
- Work more closely with the leadership team to define long-term strategic programs affecting the customer journey on the Signaloid Cloud Developer Platform
- An undergraduate degree in an engineering of science discipline
- A thorough understanding and track record with technical writing in a professional setting
- Demonstrable working knowledge of typesetting tools including LaTeX, Markdown, HTML and graphic design tools
- Demonstrated ability to understand Signaloid’s technology based on the publicly-available information
- A willingness to listen to people until they feel understood
- Honesty, empathy, and a willingness to see the world from the viewpoint of others
Additional Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous track record of published material (books, magazine articles, research journal articles)
- Previous experience with Open-Source developer communities in a participant or organizational role
- Previous experience with hackathons as either a participant or organizer
- Previous experience with existing developer communities and conferences in one or more application domains
Our Recruiting Procedure
- All positions require you to write a one-page cover letter. We use this to screen for communication skills, as clear communication is essential in a remote working environment.
- Applicants who pass the cover letter screening receive an initial 15-minute Zoom screening call with a member of our People Development Team to discuss your CV.
- Applicants who pass the screening interview, regardless of the position you are interviewing for, will be given a real-world project to solve over the course of one week (or two weeks if you are currently employed in a full-time job). In exchange for your time, we give you two books relevant to the rest of the interview process and £500 worth of free credits on the Signaloid Cloud Developer Platform.
- Applicants who successfully complete the project are invited for a set of 45-minute interviews with people from our core teams (there will be up to six such interviews) which will use the project you completed as a discussion point.
- In the final stage, applicants are invited for an on-site interview with members of the team in Cambridge.
A flexible remote-first work environment
- Be part of an international team with the flexibility to choose where you live
- You can work any set of eight hours in a day provided four of those hours overlap with the working day in Zurich
- Join the rest of the team every three months for an in-person session somewhere in Europe
- Yearly bonus based on company's Objectives and Key Results (OKR) performance and bi-yearly bonus based on your project team's OKR performance
- Simple transparent compensation across the company, with four pay levels, in all roles, based on skill level: Contributor, Senior Contributor, Lead Contributor, and Principal Contributor
- All full-time employees receive attractive stock options package
A driven but respectful environment
- Our motto is "We're all going to die": We never speak ill of others even if we differ in our viewpoints; we show up every day with a sense of urgency; we treat each other with respect as though each day were our last.
Something looks off?