Industrial Control / Automation Engineer (DE)
Signaloid provides a computing platform to quantify, transmit, and track data uncertainty dynamically and throughout computations in unmodified computing workloads. Our technologies are used in applications including materials modeling, autonomous systems, computational finance, machine learning, and noisy intermediate-scale quantum computing. Our team consists of contrarian engineers with combined research, engineering, and leadership experience from Apple, ARC, ARM, Bell Labs, CMU, University of Cambridge, EPFL, IBM Research, Max Planck, MIT, and NEC Labs. Find out more at https://signaloid.com and try out the Signaloid uncertainty-tracking computing platform by signing up for free at https://get.signaloid.io.
In this role, you will:
- Be in charge of developing a commercial application for release on an industrial control automation platform
- Be responsible for interfacing with developers of an internal REST/GraphQL cloud API and developers of an external API
- Be responsible for the design and delivery of a user Interface as part of the app development
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of machine learning methods on industrial data
After a year in this role, based on your demonstrated performance, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with the leadership team on strategy and implementation of new capabilities of Signaloid's products for industrial control automation, to address customer needs
- Grow into a role of team lead responsible for a broader range of embedded and edge computing use cases of Signaloid's technology
- Expand your role if desired, to include more customer-facing engagement with Signaloid's international partners
- Undergraduate or masters degree in computer engineering, computer science, or a related discipline
- Familiarity with Snap containers
- At least three years experience with C/C++
- At least three years experience with Python
- Deep knowledge of the Linux operating system and familiarity with Ubuntu Core
- Familiarity with containerization tools in general
- Previous experience with TensorFlow, both for model training as well as deployment/inference
- A willingness to listen to people until they feel understood
- Honesty, empathy, and a willingness to see the world from the viewpoint of others
Additional Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Good working understanding of industrial control automation hardware (PLCs)
- Good working understanding of control systems
- Previous experience with the Bosch Rexroth ctrlX platform
- Previous experience with TensorFlowLite
Our Recruiting Procedure
- All positions require you to write a one-page cover letter. We use this to screen for communication skills, as clear communication is essential in a remote working environment.
- Applicants who pass the cover letter screening receive an initial 15-minute Zoom screening call with a member of our People Development Team to discuss your CV.
- Applicants who pass the screening interview, regardless of the position you are interviewing for, will be given a real-world project to solve over the course of one week (or two weeks if you are currently employed in a full-time job). In exchange for your time, we give you two books relevant to the rest of the interview process and £500 worth of free credits on the Signaloid Cloud Developer Platform.
- Applicants who successfully complete the project are invited for a set of 45-minute interviews with people from our core teams (there will be up to six such interviews) which will use the project you completed as a discussion point.
- In the final stage, applicants are invited for an on-site interview with members of the team in Cambridge.
A flexible remote-first work environment
- Be part of an international team with the flexibility to choose where you live
- You can work any set of eight hours in a day provided four of those hours overlap with the working day in Zurich
- Join the rest of the team every three months for an in-person session somewhere in Europe
- Yearly bonus based on company's Objectives and Key Results (OKR) performance and bi-yearly bonus based on your project team's OKR performance
- Simple transparent compensation across the company, with four pay levels, in all roles, based on skill level: Contributor, Senior Contributor, Lead Contributor, and Principal Contributor
- All full-time employees receive attractive stock options package
A driven but respectful environment
- Our motto is "We're all going to die": We never speak ill of others even if we differ in our viewpoints; we show up every day with a sense of urgency; we treat each other with respect as though each day were our last.