Head of Supply Chain
Marysville, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Gravitics is enabling space stations without compromise, beginning with our giant StarMax orbital habitat. One StarMax module will add roughly half of the existing International Space Station’s habitable volume – in a single launch! We’ll be spooling up from there and we could use your help.
We have aspirational sights, pragmatic footsteps, a proven team who executes, and committed funding. Join us!
About the Role
We need an excellent supply chain to make this work. We need a truly hands-on supply chain leader to get us into orbit and deliver mission success to our customers. This position demands exceptional technical and leadership capabilities.
You’re a successful candidate if you are a giver, not a taker. You have an ability to make things happen. You are exceptional at several things, yet willing to take on efforts in areas of weakness. You don’t even know what “comfort zone” means.
- Get hardware into the team's hands
- Build and maintain supplier relations
- Negotiate supplier terms and timelines
- Ensure supplier quality meets our needs
- Build out development and flight inventory control
- Build and maintain company operations tools and metrics
- Challenge requirements and assumptions to make a better product
- Demonstrated past ownership of complex projects
- Ability to find novel solutions with established and non-traditional aerospace suppliers
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable field or equivalent experience
- Servant leadership qualities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong passion for commercial spaceflight
- Successful candidates typically have 5+ years of experience in supply chain, engineering, manufacturing, and/or quality assurance
Bonus Points for
- Direct experience with commercial in-space or launch vehicle systems
- Familiarity with several component suppliers, manufacturers, and a wide variety of special processes and test shops
- Strong understanding of AS9100 principles for a concurrent development + production organization
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Gravitics is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Gravitics is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status or common decency.
See more open positions at Gravitics
Something looks off?