Director of Finance
Accounting & Finance
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Gravitics is enabling space stations without compromise, beginning with our giant StarMax orbital habitat. One StarMax module will add roughly half of the existing International Space Station’s habitable volume – in a single launch! We’ll be spooling up from there and we could use your help.
We have aspirational sights, pragmatic footsteps, a proven team who executes, and committed funding. Join us!
About the Role
To build our giant space systems, we need a rockstar finance guru with a passion for furthering human habitation throughout the solar system who will be responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of the company, including budgeting. forecasting, financial analysis, and financial reporting in a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will directly work with the CEO and work closely with Operations.
· Manage all accounting operations including accounts payable, receivables, payroll, and taxes
· Own monthly reporting check-ins that cover variances and recommend changes to budgeting and cash management
· Identify and research variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
· Provide financial planning and analysis (FP&A) support in areas such as productivity, demand planning, and related metrics
· Conduct audits of company expenditures, liabilities, and assets. Prepare the company for audited financials
· Be a reliable expert of all aspects of financial operations at Gravitics
The responsibilities are just a start… You can expect to work in a dynamic environment where we’ll ask you to learn and grow with us. Join us if you thrive on working challenging projects with freedom to shape them into better solutions!
You’re a successful candidate if you are a giver, not a taker. You have an ability to make things happen. You are exceptional at several things, yet willing to take on efforts in areas of weakness.
· Successful candidates will typically have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in finance or accounting, preferably in a start-up environment
· Demonstrated past ownership of complex projects
· Prior financial audit experience
· 3-5 years of financial modeling experience preferably with an investment banking or private equity background
· Familiarity with QuickBooks, Excel, and other accounting/financial planning tools
· Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field such as finance, accounting, business
Bonus Points for
· A proven history of success with finance in the space industry.
· Experience raising venture capital or debt
· Experience with strategic partnerships
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Gravitics is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Gravitics is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status or common decency.
See more open positions at Gravitics
Something looks off?