Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Gravitics is enabling space stations without compromise, beginning with our giant StarMax orbital habitat. One StarMax module will add roughly half of the existing International Space Station’s habitable volume – in a single launch! We’ll be spooling up from there and we could use your help.
We have aspirational sights, pragmatic footsteps, a proven team who executes, and committed funding. Join us!
About the Role
We're looking for a teammate experienced in bending, forming, and welding metal for large assemblies. Beyond your hands-on work, we'll be looking to you for your design feedback as we build a team where everyone does a bit of everything. More than anything, we are seeking a motivated candidate with a mind for solving unique manufacturing challenges.
- Cut, form, and weld both steel and aluminum to create large structures
- Contribute your insights to the engineering and design process
- Help create a next generation manufacturing center for very large space systems
- Be an advocate for working safely
You’re a successful candidate if you are a giver, not a taker. You have an ability to make things happen. You are exceptional at several things, yet willing to take on efforts in areas of weakness. You don’t even know what “comfort zone” means.
- Hands on experience welding with MIG/TIG/Laser systems for both steel and aluminum
- Ability to be on site and work daily with large metal assemblies
- Commitment to safety and pride in your work
Bonus Points for
· A proven history of forming large metal structures
· AWS D17.1 Certification
· Experience in Class A welds
· Experience welding materials beyond aluminum and steel
· Experience generating work instructions, build procedures, and checkout procedures for flight critical parts
· Experience working with safety critical systems and pressure vessels
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Gravitics is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Gravitics is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status or common decency.
See more open positions at Gravitics
Something looks off?