Mechanical Engineer - All Levels
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 2, 2023
Gravitics is enabling space stations without compromise, beginning with our giant StarMax orbital habitat. One StarMax module will add roughly half of the existing International Space Station’s habitable volume – in a single launch! We’ll be spooling up from there and we could use your help.
We have aspirational sights, pragmatic footsteps, a proven team who executes, and committed funding. Join us!
About the Role
We're looking for mechanical engineers with significant experience in Siemens NX to own and manage designs for some of the largest space structures ever to fly. You'll be responsible for your own work as well as serve as a technical resource for others who have design questions. Day-to-day work includes design, drawing creation, manufacturing, and operations support. (You'll own products throughout their life cycle.)
- Help us design and manufacture large space and ground structures
- Start with first principles and take your concepts through all stages of its lifecycle
- Help build and support our mechanical engineering team
- Contribute to infrastructure projects such as fastener standardization and design guidelines
You’re a successful candidate if you are a giver, not a taker. You have an ability to make things happen. You are exceptional at several things, yet willing to take on efforts in areas of weakness.
- Successful candidates typically have 5+ years of space system design experience
- Demonstrated past ownership of complex projects
- Deep experience with a CAD system with strong preference for NX experience
Bonus Points for
- Strong understanding of hand calculations and rules of thumb that accelerate the design process
- Experience with finite element modeling
- Experience working with pressure vessels and/or large space vehicle primary/secondary structures
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Gravitics is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Gravitics is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status or common decency.