Flight Software Engineer
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Gravitics is enabling space stations without compromise, beginning with our giant StarMax orbital habitat. One StarMax module will add roughly half of the existing International Space Station’s habitable volume – in a single launch! We’ll be spooling up from there and we could use your help.
We have aspirational sights, pragmatic footsteps, a proven team who executes, and committed funding. Join us!
About the Role
Advanced space systems require advanced software solutions. We'd like your help to create the next-generation in spaceflight software for commercial space exploration. Your day-to-day work would typically involve writing flight software, its test environments, and documenting your efforts. We are looking for a candidate that is excited about space and can contribute throughout the software development process.
- Develop software requirements for flight software
- Write C/C++ flight software applications
- Develop unit tests and functional tests
- Create design documentation
- Contribute to continuous software process improvement
You’re a successful candidate if you are a giver, not a taker. You have an ability to make things happen. You are exceptional at several things, yet willing to take on efforts in areas of weakness.
- 5+ years of C/C++ Development, preferably to control hardware such as vehicle or robotic systems
- Ability to develop tools for data analysis in Perl, Python, Bash, or other scripting language
- You understand the critical importance of excellent software documentation
- Comfortable working with network interfaces, UDP, and TCP/IP Packets
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
Bonus Points for
- Experience using NASA Core Flight System (cFS)
- Experience with NASA or Commercial flight software development
- Experience with Software in the Loop and Hardware in the Loop simulation and testing environments
- Experience with Atlassian, or equivalent, toolset
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Gravitics is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Gravitics is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status or common decency.
See more open positions at Gravitics
Something looks off?