Simulation Visualization Engineer
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Monday, January 23, 2023
Gravitics is enabling space stations without compromise, beginning with our giant StarMax orbital habitat. One StarMax module will add roughly half of the existing International Space Station’s habitable volume – in a single launch! We’ll be spooling up from there and we could use your help.
We have aspirational sights, pragmatic footsteps, a proven team who executes, and committed funding. Join us!
About the Role
Advanced space systems require advanced simulations. We'd like your help to create the next-generation visualization platform that helps everyone understand what the numbers mean. Example results you'll create include real-time 3D graphics, post-processed images, and tables/plots. We'll use the visualizations for customers, the public, and our company so your work will help us put smiles on a lot of faces.
- Help us create a real-time Unity or Unreal engine (or other) 3D graphics platform that reacts to simulation data
- Create our data processing and storage infrastructure to make it easy for engineers to find and plot results
- Support multiple teams looking for visualization help including business, engineering, and manufacturing
You’re a successful candidate if you are a giver, not a taker. You have an ability to make things happen. You are exceptional at several things, yet willing to take on efforts in areas of weakness.
- Successful candidates typically have several years of experience in Unity or Unreal
- Demonstrated past ownership of complex projects
- Excellent working knowledge of C/C++ and/or Python
- Deep experience with a 3D graphics engine such as Unreal or Unity
- Understanding of databases and large, efficient data storage
- Working knowledge of CAD/Blender systems and file formats
Bonus Points for
- Simulation experience in a technical field
- Experience with virtual reality systems
- Experience working with hardware and software-in-the-loop environments
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Gravitics is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Gravitics is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status or common decency.
See more open positions at Gravitics
Something looks off?