Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 12, 2022
Gravitics is enabling space stations without compromise, beginning with our giant StarMax orbital habitat. One StarMax module will add roughly half of the existing International Space Station’s habitable volume – in a single launch! We’ll be spooling up from there and we could use your help.
We have aspirational sights, pragmatic footsteps, a proven team who executes, and committed funding. Join us!
About the Role
We use NASTRAN, NX SimCenter, and FEMAP to run our structural analysis. We're looking for someone skilled in those areas to help us optimize some of the biggest structures to ever fly in space. You'll own your own assemblies as well as help support your fellow analysts by being a resource for questions and strategy. You'll also have opportunities to branch out into design, manufacturing, and test as you follow your work through its lifecycle.
- Help establish the requirements and infrastructure you and your team will work with
- Design and optimize ground and space-based structures
- Own your work from start to finish, including design, manufacture, test, and operations
- Share your mechanical and material expertise across broad knowledge domains
You’re a successful candidate if you are a giver, not a taker. You have an ability to make things happen. You are exceptional at several things, yet willing to take on efforts in areas of weakness.
- Several years of NASTRAN experience working with dynamic structures
- Ability to solve problems with free body diagrams and hand calculations
- NX SimCenter and/or FEMAP experience
- Understanding of vibration, shock, and thermal loads and how to design for them.
Bonus Points for
- A history of successful hardware in launch vehicles or space systems
- Experience working with safety critical systems, pressure vessels, docking and/or deployment mechanisms
- Ability and eagerness to be a product owner with direct responsibility for all aspects of a product lifecycle
- Deep working knowledge in fracture analysis, analysis of welds and other joints, and heat treat properties.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Gravitics is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Gravitics is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status or common decency.
See more open positions at Gravitics
Something looks off?