Senior Software Engineer (Developer Experience & DevOps)
Democratize Access To Credit
Together we’ll dismantle barriers to housing for working families and use data to eliminate the racial wealth gap. The ability to build credit from rental payments has the potential to give over 45 million renters with little to no credit a pathway into the financial system. Those individuals then stand to save over $200,000 in reduced lifetime interest payments, build home equity by qualifying for mortgages, and build wealth by passing job screening requirements. The transformational impact of this cannot be understated.
The Engineering Team
We are building a team of owners and changemakers. It is not enough to have the intention to do good –Esusu engineers translate intent into action and outcomes. We believe that accomplishing our ambitious goals cannot be done by lone heroes. Lasting change requires work by determined and collaborative individuals with a customer-first mindset. Our engineers aim to delight our customers and drive our business and team forward by leveraging their technical skills, empathetic curiosity, and teamwork.
Our back-end is microservice based, hosted in AWS and mainly written in Go. Our front-end is currently based on React and written in Typescript. Our data infrastructure is based on MongoDB, PostgreSQL, S3, Sagemaker, Snowflake, Talend, and mainly written in Python. We are continuously innovating, and always open to new solutions. Because Esusu is a financial services company, we are obsessive about every aspect of compliance and security. We are Test-Driven-Development enthusiasts and embrace a DevOps environment where your team is responsible for the full spectrum of development, testing, deployment, and maintenance, including working with product and business operations teams to create customer-focused solutions. Even though we are 100% remote, Esusu’s culture is intensely collaborative.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer focused in Developer Experience and DevSecOps with extensive experience in software testing frameworks, software delivery pipelines, operationalizing systems at scale, and developer portals and tools to play a pivotal role in the future growth of our company. You will be responsible for leading the development of testing frameworks, developer tools, observability reporting, and DevSecOps practices. You will be embedded within an agile team of Developer Experience and Infrastructure engineers.
You should be interested in building tools that prevent complex bugs, drive high quality and best patterns, and keep the team's code clean. You should be ready to help build the next generation test frameworks, developer portals, observability platform, CI/CD pipelines, and DevSecOps tools and practices for our entire engineering team. You will provide an end-to-end build and deployment platform that integrates automated unit, integration, and regressions tests. As a financial services company, we put security first, and security is built into all of our processes and tools from the start.
You will be working closely with each of our Engineering Domains to help implement the frameworks and developer tools you build and to gather feedback to help remove friction from the developer experience..
This role will report to the company’s Developer Experience and Infrastructure Engineering Manager.
What You Will Deliver
- You and the Developer Experience team will create testing frameworks to level up the automated CI/CD process and enable the Engineering organization to automatically run unit, integration, and regression testing.
- Design and build protocols to help our engineers build and test code.
- Engage with Engineers across the organization to build tools to help standardize and improve the development workflow.
- Research and prototype new build and deployment systems.
- Provide guidance on best practices for CI/CD workflows.
- Implement and foster DevSecOps practices, as well as develop and integrate tools that will facilitate operational excellence and secure development.
- Help deliver a state of the art developer portal to enable top tier management of the services ecosystem.
- Establish standards, templates, and golden pathways to enable each team to ship high-quality code quickly without compromises.
- Build integrations across various in-house tools and third-party vendors to provide a single pane of glass for our engineers and facilitate observability and maintainability,
- Superb programming and software development skills –You can independently devise and implement solutions to problems with minimal explanation needed.
- Strong communication skills –You can efficiently translate between technical and non-technical audiences and have strong writing skills.
- High standards –Your work is of the highest quality and you continue to raise the bar within your immediate team and our organization.
- Balance velocity with long-term goals –You balance thinking big with delivering the right thing in an agile and speedy manner.
- Heart of a teacher –You are a capable mentor and able to inspire and empower others on your team.
- Very strong experience with Go / Golang testing and testing frameworks.
- Very strong experience designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines using Github actions.
- Strong experience working on Cloud infrastructure, especially in AWS.
- Strong experience and demonstrated ability to implement DevSecOps practices and tools across various engineering teams.
- Experience with Flutter and mobile testing and CI/CD frameworks.
- Experience with Typescript and ReactJS testing and CI/CD frameworks.
- Experience with testing ETL pipelines and CI/CD frameworks.
- Experience working with Postgres, Snowflake, and Mongo databases.
- Experience with internal development portals and developer tools.
- Experience with observability tools for monitoring, tracing, and debugging environments.
- Experience creating solutions in an Agile environment.
Above and Beyond
- Experience with Python, Node.js, SQL.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Cloudformation, Terraform).
- Experience with serverless technologies AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, AWS ECS.
- Experience in a FinTech or PropTech startup.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Competitive Salary - for Series B startup - $182,000/year
- Restricted Stock Units (RSU)
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Fitness/Gym Stipend
- 401K Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Remote Work Environment - we are 100% virtual, spread across 5 continents.
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Mission driven company with strong culture
This job is eligible only for the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
© Esusu Inc. All rights reserved, Esusu is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.