Manager, Government Relations and Communications
Democratize Access To Credit
Together we’ll dismantle barriers to housing for working families and use data to eliminate the racial wealth gap. The ability to build credit from rental payments has the potential to give over 45 million renters with little to no credit a pathway into the financial system. Those individuals then stand to save over $200,000 in reduced lifetime interest payments, build home equity by qualifying for mortgages, and build wealth by passing job screening requirements. The transformational impact of this cannot be understated.
Esusu is at a pivotal growth stage, and we are looking for a Manager of Communications & Government Relations who is well-versed in growth-stage companies and has a strong background in B2B communications and product communication. The Manager of Communications & Government Relations will play a key role in shaping and executing our communication strategy, working with our PR agency to build brand and earned media awareness, and establishing Esusu as a leader in the fintech industry.
What you will help us deliver
- Develop and Execute Communication Strategy:
- Create and implement a comprehensive external communication and earned media strategy that aligns with Esusu's business objectives, targets various stakeholders, driving brand recognition across earned media, awards and speaking events and overseeing internal communications.
- B2B Communications: Develop and maintain strong relationships with B2B partners, including financial institutions, real estate companies, and other key stakeholders. Communicate the value proposition of Esusu's products and services to these partners effectively.
- Product Communication: Lead the development and execution of product communication strategies and messaging materials, ensuring that our products and features are effectively communicated to both B2B and B2C audiences.
- Media Relations: Build and work with our PR agency to maintain relationships with relevant media outlets, journalists, and industry influencers. Generate earned media coverage through press releases, pitches, awards and speaking event applications and thought leadership byline pieces.
- Content Creation: Oversee the creation of high-quality content and messaging, including blog posts, whitepapers, case studies, and videos, that resonate with our target audience and showcases our expertise.
- Crisis Communication: Develop and implement crisis communication plans to manage potential reputational risks and ensure a consistent brand voice in challenging situations.
- Team Leadership: Build and lead a high-performing communications team, overseeing internal communications, providing mentorship and guidance to team members.
- Metrics and Analysis: Track and analyze the effectiveness of communication efforts using key performance indicators (KPIs) and adjust strategies as needed to achieve goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Business, or related field;
- Proven experience (at least 7-10 years) in in-house or agency communications and/or media relations roles, with a focus on growth-stage companies, fintech, or related industries.
- Strong B2B communication experience, with a track record of successful media relations and partnership building.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in leveraging digital marketing, messaging strategies, earned media relations and social media platforms for communication purposes.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to align communication strategies with business objectives.
- Crisis management experience and ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to use data to make informed decisions.
- Competitive Salary - for Series B startup - $115,000/ year
- Restricted Stock Units (RSU)
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Fitness/Gym Stipend
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Remote Work Friendly - While you may need to come into the office on certain days, we trust you to manage your work and deliverables. As long as quality work is being done, you can choose the environment that works for you.
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Mission-driven company with strong culture
This job is eligible only for the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
© Esusu Inc. All rights reserved, Esusu is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.