Data Acquisition Software Engineer
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2023
Gravitics is enabling space stations without compromise, beginning with our giant StarMax orbital habitat. One StarMax module will add roughly half of the existing International Space Station’s habitable volume – in a single launch! We’ll be spooling up from there and we could use your help.
We have aspirational sights, pragmatic footsteps, a proven team who executes, and committed funding. Join us!
About the Role
Advanced space systems require advanced space flight software solutions. We'd like your help to create the next-generation in space flight data acquisition software in support of hardware testing for the future of commercial space exploration. You would be developing the data acquisition software to support space flight missions that will drive our future in orbit. We are looking for a candidate that is excited about space and can contribute throughout the software development process.
- Develop and maintain commercial data acquisition software that will interface with hardware controllers and sensors
- Integrate data acquisition software framework and graphical user interface (GUI) for data display
- Identify and capture test meta-data in a database
- Develop design documentation and software requirements for data acquisition and ground-testing software
- Develop unit and functional tests
You’re a successful candidate if you are a giver, not a taker. You have an ability to make things happen. You are exceptional at several things, yet willing to take on efforts in areas of weakness. You care about the code you write.
- 2+ years of C++ Development
- 6+ years of development with an object-oriented language (C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with Databases
- Experience writing maintainable code that integrates into a larger framework with multiple maintainers
Bonus Points for
- Software Requirements and Documentation
- Network interfaces, UDP and TCP/IP Packets
- Graphical User Interface Development (Unity or other 3D modeling/development tool)
- Experience with Electrical Ground Support Equipment
- Work across hardware and software teams to define use cases
- Developing tools for data analysis
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Gravitics is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Gravitics is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status or common decency.