Credit Reporting Specialist
Democratize Access To Credit
Together we’ll dismantle barriers to housing for working families and use data to eliminate the racial wealth gap. The ability to build credit from rental payments has the potential to give over 45 million renters with little to no credit a pathway into the financial system. Those individuals then stand to save over $200,000 in reduced lifetime interest payments, build home equity by qualifying for mortgages, and build wealth by passing job screening requirements. The transformational impact of this cannot be understated.
We are building a team of smart, driven, analytical and curious people to connect the dots across the organization - from customers to technology to people to continuously ensure we are focused on bridging the racial wealth gap through the power of data.
Esusu is looking for a Credit Reporting Specialist who will play an integral role in ensuring the Company meets its compliance requirements and delivers outstanding service to its clients. The role will report to the company’s Director of Operations, and will collaborate with product, account management, customer service and engineering teams.
What you will help us deliver
- Execute on the monthly credit reporting process as part of our rent reporting operations
- Collaborate with credit bureaus, client representatives and internal teams (e.g., Account Management, Operations, Engineering, etc.) to ensure data quality and completeness of data
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations (e.g., Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), SOC 2, etc.)
- Manage dispute resolution process via e-Oscar and maintain documentation for compliance/audit purposes
- Prepare a monthly dashboard to provide key stakeholders such as Operations, Risk & Compliance and Account Management with KPIs and insights
- Help document, identify and implement opportunities for improved processes and automation to drive quality, controls and efficiencies
Core competencies we are hiring for
- Technical Skills - Experience with the e-Oscar platform and Metro 2 format. Able to work with spreadsheets (e.g., pivot tables, lookups, etc.) Has knowledge to support data analysts and data engineers and assist in deep dive data analysis as needed. Able to create reports and dashboards to monitor KPIs and KRIs.Data Analysis - Able to work through disparate data sets and understand processes, business logic and systems to identify issues and recommend solutions.
- Attention to detail - Able to achieve thoroughness, accuracy and compliance when accomplishing tasks such as managing disputes in a timely manner, conducting monthly reporting and executing data analysis.
- Communication - Collaborate with and manage stakeholders (e.g., clients, cross-functional team members, executive leadership) and competing priorities in a structured and a professional manner.
Above and beyond
- Experience working in a customer-facing role / comfortable speaking with customers as needed
- A background in credit reporting, finance or accounting
- Experience working at / with Experian, TransUnion, or Equifax
- Experience working with large sets of data, database concepts, and data analysis / presentation tools (e.g., PowerBI, Alteryx, SQL, MongoDB, Tableau, etc.)
- Knowledge of FCRA and credit bureaus
This job is eligible only for the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
© Esusu Inc. All rights reserved, Esusu is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.