Senior Mobile Engineer (React Native)
At Coco, we’re dedicated to perfecting the last-mile delivery experience through robotics. We believe the delivery service industry in its current state is massively under-serving merchants, and we are committed to creating a sustainable, reliable, and frictionless delivery experience for merchants and their customers.
Coco is a venture-backed, Series A stage startup that operates hundreds of sidewalk robots, delivering to thousands of customers every week across Los Angeles. The environment here is high-energy, collaborative, and exciting. Our HQ is located in the heart of Santa Monica with views of the ocean.
About the Team
As an engineer on the Delivery Platform team, you’ll build software products that power our delivery operations. This is a diverse team of engineers that owns every part of the stack. Our responsibilities include:
- Consumer and Merchant Products: We build products to create a frictionless, efficient, and delightful end-to-end delivery experience for our users - merchants and their customers. We design each robot interaction - loading the robot, tracking the delivery, unlocking the robot, etc. around user pain points and moments of delight.
- Order Ingestion: We build and manage the software partnerships that allow Coco to receive orders from all major ordering platforms including DoorDash, UberEats, and GrubHub and custom systems. Work on a variety of integrations and enjoy “Test Orders” from some of your favorite restaurants!
- Delivery Management: We build backend services that make automated decisions based on user behaviors, supply/demand, government regulations, sidewalk conditions, and more.
- Logistics: Delivery is an expensive problem. We partner with other Coco teams (e.g., Merchant Operations, Consumer Experience, Field Operations, TeleOperations, and Autonomy), acting as a thought partner to tackle some of Coco’s most pressing efficiency and profitability initiatives.
- Internal Tools: Our software enables human operators to manage a fleet of delivery robots. We maintain a mobile native app for our Field Operations team and a web app for our remote Pilots to manage assigned deliveries.
- Device Infrastructure: To operate as efficiently and reliably as possible, the above systems all need access to low latency, accurate robot telemetry. We architect and build backend services that communicate with devices and track information such as health, battery status and location.
Typescript, React Native, Zustand
About the Role
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will be responsible for owning and driving mobile products from design to launch to growth. You’ll partner with UI Designers and the Backend team to bring the end-to-end Coco delivery experience to life.
Note: This is an in-office role. Coco is an office-first, highly collaborative and cross-functional company. We are looking for someone who is excited about the energy, collaboration, and culture-building opportunities of an in-office work environment.
- Released & managed a monetized app on multiple platforms (1+ yr)
- Professional experience with React Native iOS and Android (3+ yr)
- Strong Typescript fundamentals (2+ yr)
- Strong State Management fundamentals (Redux, Zustand)
- Ecommerce experience (1+ yr)
- Experience w/ Testflight, iOS App Store, Android Store(s)
- UI/UX fundamentals (You’re comfortable building a basic experience given a wireframe)
- Experience with WebSockets
- Experience with Graphql
Coco is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Something looks off?